Fungal nail disease or onychomycosis can occur on both hands and feet. At the same time different types of fungal infections exist that can be caused by dermatomycetes, molds or yeasts. Such microorganisms reproduce and live in places with high humidity – it can be swimming pools, saunas and baths. In addition, the risk of infection increases when wearing someone else’s shoes, and not following the rules of personal hygiene.
Treatment of nail fungus without a laser (gels, creams, medications) lasts in 90% of cases for more than a year, while laser treatment accelerates recovery by 2-3 times.
Despite the huge number of treatments in the form of various creams and ointments, the best and fastest results are achieved due to laser treatment. As a result, nail fungus can be removed by actively exposing the nail plate to broadband light. This is an absolutely safe and most effective procedure, which is performed in Lviv at the Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska.
Given the different types of nail fungus, the following list of characteristic symptoms is outlined:
- thickening of the stratum corneum under the fingernails and/or toenails;
- change in the natural color of the nail plate – the nail becomes yellow, white or brown;
- dull surface of the nail plate;
- itching and burning in the nail area;
- stratification, thickening or, conversely, thinning of the nail plate;
- deformation of the nail layer;
- unpleasant odor;
- appearance of spots on the surface of the nail.
- Suitable for both men and women of different ages.
- It can be combined with other effective methods of fungus treatment.
- No season restrictions.
- The procedure lasts from 5 to 20 minutes.
- Lack of a long rehabilitation period.
- No painful sensations, the patient feels only pleasant warmth during the procedure.
- Laser technique helps to get rid of various types of onychomycosis.
You can now get rid of nail fungus on your hands or feet with the help of a modern laser technique developed on the Harmony XL Pro platform base. The Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska uses a high-power modern Q-Switch ND: YAG laser, the wavelength of which reaches 1064 nm. As a result, it is possible to provide a completely painless fractional treatment of a certain area, eliminating the long process of rehabilitation.
To achieve high results in the treatment of fungal infections, the Clinic’s specialists often use a neodymium ND: YAG laser LP 1064 nm, followed by contact cooling. All creams and ointments for nail fungus require a long process of treatment for this infection. In addition, usually self-medication with such gels doesn’t bring the desired results after a long treatment period.
Toenail fungus can be removed much faster with the use of laser. And you can get rid of the main cause – infection, rather than remove the visual problem with a cream, masking the fungus for a while.
Experienced and qualified specialists of the Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska will help get rid of the fungus on both hands and feet in 6-10 sessions. The procedure should be performed once every 2 weeks.
The treatment process is carried out only by the prescription of a dermatologist who works in our Clinic and can additionally prescribe medication for the patient. In addition, the Clinic has a podiatrist who will help make a medical manicure/pedicure.
- Damage to the nail plate on the hands and/or feet.
- Frequent recurrences of the disease.
- Intolerance to drug treatment of fungal infections.
- No positive effect after treatment with gels, creams and other means.
Nail fungus on the foot or hand can be removed with the help of modern laser techniques aimed at the complete destruction of pathogens. All this allows to destroy the main foci of the disease, and to get rid of acute inflammatory processes over time. Thus, you can gradually restore the healthy structure of the nail plate.
- For women: pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Predisposition to the formation of keloid scars.
- Frequent epileptic seizures.
- Diabetes mellitus, other chronic diseases in the active stage.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Surgery undergone on the target areas less than 3 months before the start of treatment.
- Inflammatory processes in the body resulting in fever.
- Blood diseases.
In order to cure toenail fungus the day before the procedure, it is recommended to carefully steam the area.
Before the procedure, all the coating (varnish, gel varnish) must be removed from the nails, and the nails should be trimmed or cut.
24 hours before the procedure, the affected areas of the legs and arms are not recommended to be treated with products that contain alcohol.
Before you can cure nail fungus on your foot or hand, you need to be examined by a dermatologist. This can be done at the Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska in Lviv, where a dermatologist will carefully examine the affected areas and prescribe future treatment.
The session is divided into several stages:
- Antibacterial treatment of the affected area.
- Laser beams influence on the area.
After the procedure, the care of the treated areas depends on the specific type of fungal infection and is prescribed by a dermatologist individually for each patient.
PRICES FOR OUR SERVICES
|Laser treatment of nail fungus (1 nail)||350₴|
|Laser treatment of fungus (1 hand or foot)||1050₴|
|Laser treatment of fungus (2 hands or feet)||1700₴|