Tricopigmentation is an effective way to hide baldness, hair loss and scars on the scalp
Tricopigmentation is a modern technique allowing to carry out qualitative masking of alopecia – active hair loss on the head. As a result, the desired shaved effect can be achieved due to the microscopic point effect on the skin with the use of a special pigment “ashy” colour. The master manually draws an imitation of a hair follicle.
This procedure allows to create a 3D illusion of thick hair, hide the effects of baldness, scars on the head and partially restore hair growth.
The client sees the result immediately after 1 procedure.
For the final result it is necessary to have from four to six procedures once in two weeks. The number and frequency of tricopigmentation procedures for each patient is individually selected by a specialist depending on the degree of alopecia and pigment saturation.
Due to the use of special types of pigments that are easily absorbed by the human body, trichopigmentation is a biocompatible and hypoallergenic procedure performed by specialists in Lviv – at Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska.
Indications for tricopigmentation
The presented cosmetic procedure can be performed not only on the scalp, but also on the eyebrows and beard. This technique is often combined with various treatments for alopecia (baldness) to hide such shortcomings in their appearance until absolute recovery.
Tricopigmentation is recommended in cases of:
- alopecia of various types;
- scars and left after plastic surgery, facelifts, as well as scars after accidents, and burns on the scalp.
- too thin or thinning hair, insufficient density.
- in combination with hair transplantation, namely after hair transplantation when the donor area is insufficient and the patient wants to have a higher density
- contraindications to hair transplantation.
- unsuccessful collection of hair follicles in the donor area after hair transplantation;
- uneven hairline.
Also, trichopigmentation is often recommended in foreign practice as a procedure to stimulate the “awakening of follicles”. American practical studies claim that out of 100 points, 30 percent stimulates the improvement of blood supply and thus starts the process of renewing hair growth. For this type of hair growth stimulation, it is recommended to perform one procedure per month for two to four months in a row.
Recently, there is an increasing demand for eyebrow tricopigmentation in women, and mustaches and beards tricopigmentation in men.
Advantages of tricopigmentation procedure
The popularity of this procedure is due to the many advantages, including:
- Painlessness. As a rule, this procedure is painless, but there are more sensitive people who feel pain, in this case it is enough to apply lidocaine cream 1 hour before the procedure;
- Safety. A pigment designed specifically for the scalp;
- Availability. The price category of this procedure is much lower than for hair transplantation;
- The pigment is absorbed by the immune system, and it gradually disappears after 3-4 years.
- Tricopigmentation does not damage natural follicles and hair.
Specialists will help the patient to determine the line of hair growth. In this case, it is important to find the perfect balance between the experience of a qualified specialist, wishes of the patient and aesthetic taste in general. When reconstructing hair, it is necessary to take into account age characteristics of men or women, morphological features and more.
Contraindications to tricopigmentation:
- skin diseases – psoriasis, eczema and others
- herpes infections
- colds and inflammatory reactions in areas of the skin where it is necessary to carry out tricopigmentation
- malignant tumors
Basic types of tricopigmentation techniques
Trichopigmentation is considered a painless procedure performed by a qualified specialist using a roller or a fine needle. Thanks to such tools, a special pigment is applied under the skin, which allows you to create thin, small strokes – imitation of hair follicles.
The duration of the procedure varies from 1 to 4 hours. The exact time depends on the type of pigmentation – partial or complete recovery, as well as the area.
Today, tricopigmentation is performed using the two most popular and safe techniques:
- Needles. This method is called a point action on the surface of the skin and allows to create a visually attractive effect of small follicles or hair that has already grown slightly in a particular area. With the help of the linear method of pigmentation, the specialist manages to achieve the ideal effect of natural hair. If the presence of scars on the head is noted in this area, then it is recommended to use the method of shading the pigment. The choice of a specific technique is aimed at a qualitative result: to hide the presence of shortcomings, achieving the most attractive visual effect.
- Roller or applicator. The presented roller is a tool with a large number of thin needles, which are in the right order and at a certain angle. As a result, the specialist is able to qualitatively and quickly paint a large area of skin in order to obtain uniform pigmentation. The density of dyeing is directly related to the amount of hair in this area.
If necessary, specialists combine these two techniques.
How to prepare for the procedure of tricopigmentation of the scalp
Before visiting a specialist, you need to remember a few important rules of preparation for tricopigmentation:
- 4 days before the procedure, it is recommended to refrain from taking systemic and local drugs that may contribute to blood thinning.
- 24 hours before the procedure, you should refrain from drinking various alcoholic beverages.
- It is not recommended to wash the scalp with shampoos, balms or other cosmetics during the three sessions of tricopigmentation and immediately after the procedure. At the end of all sessions, it is recommended to clean the treated areas with a special shampoo for tricopigmentation and evenly distribute the serum. For effective healing, the serum is used 2 times a day.
What does the procedure of tricopigmentation look like?
The procedure is performed in three main stages:
First, the specialist takes into account the possible presence of contraindications, and pays attention to the peculiarities of the indications for such a procedure.
- It is necessary to determine the specific area where it is necessary to carry out tricopigmentation. Thus the expert pays special attention to selection of a necessary shade and makes the sketch.
- Next, the introduction of pigment is carried out using thin needles – depending on the treatment area, the diameter of the needles can vary from 0.18 to 0.25 mm. The specialist maintains the optimal distance between punctures – about 1-2 mm. The needle penetrates the dermis to a depth of 0.3-0.5 mm.
It should be noted that the pigment used is not harmful to the human body and is not able to damage follicles. Therefore, it does not in any way interfere with the free growth of natural hair.
An important advantage of tricopigmentation is the lack of a long period of rehabilitation, because there is no negative impact on the human body. It is almost not necessary to use drug therapy, and some slight redness on the skin disappears in 2-3 hours after the procedure.
The cosmetic effect lasts for a long time without the need for mandatory and frequent correction. After tricopigmentation of the scalp, men and women do not need any special care for such areas of skin. The pigment is not washed away by water and does not burn out under the active sun. It penetrates reliably into the surface layer of the skin and, like a tattoo, is immediately noticeable, but the effect has a non-permanent effect.
The first few days it may seem that the pigment is too bright and saturated, but after a few days the surface skin peels off and thus the excess brightness disappears. The treated area acquires a natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
However, the longevity and saturation of the pigment is affected by the amount of fat that is released on the patient’s head, it’s an individual feature that differs from person to person.
And you should remember that the effect of tricopigmentation is gradually washed away by shampoos.