Tricopigmentation is an effective way to hide baldness, hair loss and scars on the scalp
Tricopigmentation is a modern technique allowing to carry out qualitative masking of alopecia – active hair loss on the head. As a result, the desired shaved effect can be achieved due to the microscopic point effect on the skin with the use of a special pigment “ashy” colour. The master manually draws an imitation of a hair follicle.
This procedure allows to create a 3D illusion of thick hair, hide the effects of baldness, scars on the head and partially restore hair growth.
The client sees the result immediately after 1 procedure.
For the final result it is necessary to have from four to six procedures once in two weeks. The number and frequency of tricopigmentation procedures for each patient is individually selected by a specialist depending on the degree of alopecia and pigment saturation.
Due to the use of special types of pigments that are easily absorbed by the human body, trichopigmentation is a biocompatible and hypoallergenic procedure performed by specialists in Lviv – at Aesthetic Medicine Clinic Myroslava Novosilska.
Indications for tricopigmentation
The presented cosmetic procedure can be performed not only on the scalp, but also on the eyebrows and beard. This technique is often combined with various treatments for alopecia (baldness) to hide such shortcomings in their appearance until absolute recovery.
Tricopigmentation is recommended in cases of:
- alopecia of various types;
- scars and left after plastic surgery, facelifts, as well as scars after accidents, and burns on the scalp.
- too thin or thinning hair, insufficient density.
- in combination with hair transplantation, namely after hair transplantation when the donor area is insufficient and the patient wants to have a higher density
- contraindications to hair transplantation.
- unsuccessful collection of hair follicles in the donor area after hair transplantation;
- uneven hairline.
Also, trichopigmentation is often recommended in foreign practice as a procedure to stimulate the “awakening of follicles”. American practical studies claim that out of 100 points, 30 percent stimulates the improvement of blood supply and thus starts the process of renewing hair growth. For this type of hair growth stimulation, it is recommended to perform one procedure per month for two to four months in a row.
Recently, there is an increasing demand for eyebrow tricopigmentation in women, and mustaches and beards tricopigmentation in men.
Advantages of tricopigmentation procedure
The popularity of this procedure is due to the many advantages, including:
- Painlessness. As a rule, this procedure is painless, but there are more sensitive people who feel pain, in this case it is enough to apply lidocaine cream 1 hour before the procedure;
- Safety. A pigment designed specifically for the scalp;
- Availability. The price category of this procedure is much lower than for hair transplantation;
- The pigment is absorbed by the immune system, and it gradually disappears after 3-4 years.
- Tricopigmentation does not damage natural follicles and hair.
Specialists will help the patient to determine the line of hair growth. In this case, it is important to find the perfect balance between the experience of a qualified specialist, wishes of the patient and aesthetic taste in general. When reconstructing hair, it is necessary to take into account age characteristics of men or women, morphological features and more.
Contraindications to tricopigmentation:
- skin diseases – psoriasis, eczema and others
- herpes infections
- colds and inflammatory reactions in areas of the skin where it is necessary to carry out tricopigmentation
- malignant tumors
Basic types of tricopigmentation techniques
Trichopigmentation is considered a painless procedure performed by a qualified specialist using a roller or a fine needle. Thanks to such tools, a special pigment is applied under the skin, which allows you to create thin, small strokes – imitation of hair follicles.
The duration of the procedure varies from 1 to 4 hours. The exact time depends on the type of pigmentation – partial or complete recovery, as well as the area.
Today, tricopigmentation is performed using the two most popular and safe techniques:
- Needles. This method is called a point action on the surface of the skin and allows to create a visually attractive effect of small follicles or hair that has already grown slightly in a particular area. With the help of the linear method of pigmentation, the specialist manages to achieve the ideal effect of natural hair. If the presence of scars on the head is noted in this area, then it is recommended to use the method of shading the pigment. The choice of a specific technique is aimed at a qualitative result: to hide the presence of shortcomings, achieving the most attractive visual effect.
- Roller or applicator. The presented roller is a tool with a large number of thin needles, which are in the right order and at a certain angle. As a result, the specialist is able to qualitatively and quickly paint a large area of skin in order to obtain uniform pigmentation. The density of dyeing is directly related to the amount of hair in this area.
If necessary, specialists combine these two techniques.
How to prepare for the procedure of tricopigmentation of the scalp
Before visiting a specialist, you need to remember a few important rules of preparation for tricopigmentation:
- 4 days before the procedure, it is recommended to refrain from taking systemic and local drugs that may contribute to blood thinning.
- 24 hours before the procedure, you should refrain from drinking various alcoholic beverages.
- It is not recommended to wash the scalp with shampoos, balms or other cosmetics during the three sessions of tricopigmentation and immediately after the procedure. At the end of all sessions, it is recommended to clean the treated areas with a special shampoo for tricopigmentation and evenly distribute the serum. For effective healing, the serum is used 2 times a day.
What does the procedure of tricopigmentation look like?
The procedure is performed in three main stages:
First, the specialist takes into account the possible presence of contraindications, and pays attention to the peculiarities of the indications for such a procedure.
- It is necessary to determine the specific area where it is necessary to carry out tricopigmentation. Thus the expert pays special attention to selection of a necessary shade and makes the sketch.
- Next, the introduction of pigment is carried out using thin needles – depending on the treatment area, the diameter of the needles can vary from 0.18 to 0.25 mm. The specialist maintains the optimal distance between punctures – about 1-2 mm. The needle penetrates the dermis to a depth of 0.3-0.5 mm.
It should be noted that the pigment used is not harmful to the human body and is not able to damage follicles. Therefore, it does not in any way interfere with the free growth of natural hair.
Trichopigmentation of the scalp – Instructions after the procedure
Day 0 – Day 5
Do not exercise and avoid other physical activities that lead to heavy sweating.
For the first 3 days, do not wet your head at all and do not let your head sweat. After that, clean the treated area by lightly wetting it with running water or lightly blotting it with a damp towel.
Do not touch your head with your hands. If you need to touch, wash your hands well first.
You will notice that some of your trichopigmentation will become dimmer. This is normal, the skin of the head passes..
Don’t forget to drink enough water! Without it, the skin can become dry, which can damage the normal healing process of the scalp.
Avoid direct sunlight and do not take sun baths for 30 days after trichopigmentation. Cover the treated area with hats that do not fit snugly to the scalp and do not rub it.
Do not use shampoo or scalp scrub.
It is forbidden to wipe the skin with alcohol solutions and aminoxidil.
Do not visit swimming pools, baths, saunas, or swim in natural reservoirs for at least 30 days after trichopigmentation. Salt and bleach can damage trichopigmentation, and water can cause infection.
If you need to trim or shave the area where trichopigmentation was performed, perform this procedure after 4 days after trichopigmentation. If you are not sure if you can perform such a procedure, ask your doctor.
Remember, after the procedure, redness of the skin is possible. For each person, the process of skin healing takes place individually. The condition that you have on Day 5, someone else may have on Day 8 after the procedure. Read the instructions after the procedure and determine for yourself what stage of recovery you are currently on.
Day 6 – Day 10
Continue your post-treatment routine from week 1 and note the following:
The skin on your head may start to peel off. Do not exfoliate or use a scrub to exfoliate faster.
You can start using a fragrance-free and alcohol-free shampoo.
Continue to avoid aggressive detergents and mechanical impact on the treated area.
Use a moisturizer recommended by your specialist.
Stop using self-tanning products until the treated area is completely healed.
You can start exercising, but don’t do heavy exercise to prevent heavy sweating.
After 10-14 days
Your scalp should already be fully restored and you can return to your normal lifestyle. Contact your specialist to make an appointment for the next trichopigmentation procedure or come for another checkup.
Trichopigmentation is a procedure that sometimes requires several sessions. The result cannot be evaluated until all the necessary sessions are completed and the scalp is completely healed.